Soundworks have released a video showing how the sounds for The Social Network were created.
Ren Kylce (Sound Re-recording Mixer and Supervisor Sound Editor) along with Michael Semanick (Sound Re-Recording Mixer) discuss various aspects of the audio soundscape they created for David Fincher’s film, including:
- The importance of dialogue
- How they captured ambient sounds from Harvard and Silicon Valley
- The volume of Ruby Skye club sequence
- How sound helps signify shifts in time
- Working with Trent Reznor an Atticus Ross to incorporate the electronic score into the film.
“The Social Network” Sound for Film Profile from Michael Coleman on Vimeo.
> Read our review of The Social Network
> How the Henley Regatta sequence was filmed