The three sat down for a lengthy discussion (around 80 minutes) and shared numerous anecdotes about Watergate and the subsequent film, including:
- How Redford first heard about the affair in 1972.
- Why the differences between Woodward and Bernstein appealed to Redford.
- The reason the film focused on just a part of the investigation.
- The book actually came out before Nixon resigned.
- Redford becoming ‘obsessed’ with the material.
- How Jason Robards was eventually cast as editor Ben Bradlee after his initial reluctance.
- The reaction of the journalist duo when they finally saw the film.
You can watch the full discussion here:
> Buy the Blu-ray or DVD from Amazon UK
> Find out more about the Watergate scandal at Wikipedia