The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have announced the 15 films which will compete for the Documentary Feature category at this year’s Oscars.
The Documentary branch of the academy viewed all the eligible documentaries for the preliminary round of voting and members will now select the five nominees from among the 15 titles below.
The films are listed in alphabetical order by title, along with their director and production company:
- Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer Dir. Alex Gibney (ES Productions LLC)
- Enemies of the People Dir. Rob Lemkin and Thet Sambath (Old Street Films)
- Exit through the Gift Shop Dir. Banksy (Paranoid Pictures)
- Gasland Dir. Josh Fox (Gasland Productions, LLC)
- Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould Dir. Michele Hozer and Peter Raymont (White Pine Pictures)
- Inside Job Dir. Charles Ferguson (Representational Pictures)
- The Lottery Dir. Madeleine Sackler (Great Curve Films)
- Precious Life Dir. Shlomi Eldar (Origami Productions)
- Quest for Honor Dir. Mary Ann Smothers Bruni (Smothers Bruni Productions)
- Restrepo Dir. Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger (Outpost Films)
- This Way of Life Dir. Thomas Burstyn (Cloud South Films)
- The Tillman Story Dir. Amir Bar-Lev (Passion Pictures/Axis Films)
- Waiting for Superman Dir. Davis Guggenheim (Electric Kinney Films)
- Waste Land Dir. Lucy Walker (Almega Projects)
- William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe Dir. Emily Kunstler and Sarah Kunstler (Disturbing the Universe LLC)
The nominations are announced live on Tuesday, 25th January and the Oscars themselves follow on Sunday 27th February at the Kodak Theatre.