- Albert Nobbs - Martial Corneville, Lynn Johnson, and Matthew W. Mungle
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight, and Lisa Tomblin
- The Iron Lady - Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland
Usually, only three films are nominated in this category (rather than five).
Previously, make-up artists were only eligible for special achievement awards for their work, but the competitive category was formed in 1981 after complaints that the make-up work in The Elephant Man (1980) was not going to be honoured.
This category has different stages of nominating: a preliminary list of nominees is drawn up by the members of the branch; then a final list of nominees is worked out before the whole Academy votes on the winner.
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2
THE IRON LADY
- Video feature with narration by Mark Coulier
- Makeup Mag with a behind-the-scenes PDF
- Vanity Fair piece on the prosthetics used in the film
- Video interview after the makeup team won the BAFTA
- Meryl Streep on the approach to the prosthetics