This short film by Jurjen Versteeg neatly references some key players in the art of film title design.
A History Of The Title Sequence from jurjen versteeg on Vimeo.
Titled A History of the Title Sequence, it pays tribute to notable movie design figures and references key movies, including the following (click on each link to find out more or see the originals):
- Georges Méliès: Un Voyage Dans La Lune (1902)
- Saul Bass: Psycho (1960)
- Maurice Binder: Dr. No (1962)
- Stephen Frankfurt: To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
- Pablo Ferro: Dr. Strangelove (1964)
- Richard Greenberg: Alien (1979)
- Kyle Cooper: Se7en (1995)
- Danny Yount: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
> Jurjen Versteeg at Vimeo
> View lots of classics at Art of the Title