- Encourage the development of the arts of film, television and the moving image throughout the United Kingdom
- To promote their use as a record of contemporary life and manners
- To promote education about film, television and the moving image generally, and their impact on society
- To promote access to and appreciation of the widest possible range of British and world cinema
- To establish, care for and develop collections reflecting the moving image history and heritage of the United Kingdom.
Their YouTube channel now has a lot of videos from their extensive vault, which (according to them) is the world’s largest and most diverse film and TV archive.
A short film called ‘Springtime in an English Village’ which offers a snapshot of rural life in wartime:
[Link via Speechification]