UPDATE: 31/10/08: According to Variety’s Anne Thompson this appearence had a dramatic impact on The Daily Show’s ratings:
According to Comedy Central, last night’s Obama satellite interview “lifted The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to record levels,” they wrote in an email:
- It was the most-watched and highest-rated episode in the show’s history, with 3.6 million total viewers and a 2.6 HHLD Rating.
- This episode beat the October 8 prior most-watched episode record set by Michele Obama, by 700,000 total viewers.
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” (October 29, 11:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m)
- 3.6 million total viewers
- 2.2 million P18-49 viewers
- 2.6 HHLD Rating
- 2.0 P18-49 Rating
- This is the first time The Daily Show has averaged more than 3 million viewers for a single episode.
- The Daily Show outperformed its previous best by +22% (2.9 million viewers on October 8, 2008).