The Gremlins are back.
Some quick facts from the press release:
- Special effects company Artem created 20 Gremlins for the ad.
- It took a crew of 34 specialist technicians and over 2,500 man hours to produce the different component parts required to bring the mischievous creatures to life.
- More than 100 litres of liquid latex and 75 litres of soft foam went into the bodies; hundreds of teeth had to be made and each set of eyeballs painstakingly hand painted.
- A separate crew was working simultaneously on the internal mechanisms to make them easy to operate for the puppeteers and give them distinctive Gremlin™ expression and movement.
- The shoot required 28 puppeteers and technicians to operate the Gremlins who each developed their own character.
- The ad airs on TV for the first time on Monday May 5th.
The ad agency Swarm – who are behind the ad – have also released this making of video: