- Bérénice Bejo – The Artist as Peppy Miller
- Jessica Chastain – The Help as Celia Foote
- Melissa McCarthy – Bridesmaids as Megan Price
- Janet McTeer – Albert Nobbs as Hubert Page
- Octavia Spencer – The Help as Minny Jackson
It wasn’t until the 9th Academy Awards ceremony (1936) that this award was given and the first recipient was Gale Sondergaard for her performance in Anthony Adverse.
Until the 8th Academy Awards (1935), nominations for the Best Actress award included all actresses, whether the performance was a leading or supporting one.
BERENICE BEJO – The Artist
JESSICA CHASTAIN – The Help
MELISSA McCARTHY – Bridesmaids
JANET McTEER – Albert Nobbs
OCTAVIA SPENCER – The Help
> Official Oscar site
> Explore previous winners of Best Supporting Actress at Wikipedia